SCHOOL BUS SAFETY - EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
Yellow school buses are on the roads and around our schools. We urge you to read the following release from the Kansas Department of Education concerning school bus safety.
SCHOOL BUS RULES
We at USD 509 want your child to have a safe trip to and from school each day. With school bus drivers and parents working together, we can make the ride an enjoyable part of each student's day. It is important that your child(ren) understand the basic school bus rules:
- Stay in your seat.That includes your hands and feet.
- Keep the noise level down. No profanity.
- Keep head, hands, and feet inside the bus and out of the aisles.
- Don’t throw things inside the bus or out the windows.
- Keep the bus clean.
- No smoking or tobacco on the bus.
- Don’t be destructive.
- Be courteous to the bus driver and your fellow riders.
- Follow the driver's instructions at all times.
SCHOOL BUS CONTRACTS
Students who ride the bus will be required to sign a contract that they understand the proper behavior on the bus, as will their parents.
IF YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE RIDING THE BUS IN THE MORNING
Buses leave the bus barn by 6:30AM each schoolday. Bus drivers do not use their cell phones on the bus except in emergencies. For that reason, if your child will not be riding the bus on a morning route, please call the bus driver by 6:15 AM to let him/her know.
Bus Driver Bus #
Dale Byers 7
LeRoy Ratzlaff 1 in AM
Shelly Brown 1 in PM
Rick Knoffloch 5 in AM
Rick Knoffloch PreK Rte
Rick Knoffloch 6